INTRODUCTION TO NETWORK THREAT HUNTING
Threat hunting has become increasingly important for organizations to address unknown and hidden threats that have gone undetected on their network. The statistics about the cost and time to detect a breach are staggering:
- The cost of a breach in the U.S. is estimated at $7.35 million according to reporting by Kelly Sheridan for Dark Reading (citing data from IBM and the Ponemon Institute).
- Research indicates that data breaches take on an average of 98 days to detect (Charlie Osborne, ZDNet.com).
Watch the on-demand webinar, “Introduction to Network Threat Hunting,” featuring noted security leader and author, Tim Crothers, to discover how threat hunting can help you:
- Look for indications of malicious activity not identified by automated detection methods
- Identify interesting anomalies in the local environment
- Increase understanding of the environment using a step-by-step methodology for identifying hidden threats
There are no guarantees in cybersecurity, and best practice has evolved from a focus on prevention to an exercise in risk management. Tune in to learn how you can mitigate your risk and improve your security posture with threat hunting.
Tim Crothers is a seasoned security leader with over 20 years’ experience building and running information security programs, large and complex incident response and breach investigations, and threat and vulnerability assessments. He has deep experience in cyber-threat intelligence, reverse engineering, computer forensics, intrusion detection, and cyber threat hunting. Tim is the author/co-author of 15 books to date as well as regular training and speaking engagements at information security conferences around the world.